This portrait was created by experimenting with the merging of various mediums and techniques, both traditional and technological.
Monday Morning Soul Lubricant
Sound: GregJam 120
Exploring liquid panel displays mounted in a floating box frame with this liquid portrait of Nazneen Contractor.
- Name: “Portrait of Anthony Bourdain”
- Size: Variable
- Medium: Archival pigment print on museum quality paper.
- About: This portrait of Anthony Bourdain was the third and final stage of a series of portraits originally created as a form of self art therapy. A therapeutic process undertaken to counter the unexpected nature of his death. The first portrait (in red) was drawn hours after hearing of his passing. It is interesting to see how art mirrors consciousness. My feeling when looking at all three portraits side by side is that they depict visually my own process of going from a state of shock and disbelief to acceptance and appreciating all that he contributed.
- Name: “Oli Garchy”
- Size: 30″x40″
- Medium: Archival pigment print on museum quality paper constructed from acrylic paint, oil pastels and blade scratchings on photographic print.
- About: ol·i·gar·chy / ˈäləˌɡärkē / noun – A small group of people having control of a country, organization, or institution.
This concept which has traditionally been associated with other countries has been given an American name.
- Series: Ancient Future
- Name: “Geisha”
- Size: 24″x24″
- Medium: This work was created by collaging printed patterns onto watercolor paper, then applying pencil, watercolor and gouache to build the “artist positive”. A high resolution scan was made from the artist positive where then the artwork was further manipulated using contemporary darkroom techniques.
Subscribe and stay connected about news, events and special print releases.