- Commissioned for Vista Village Metroplex 15 Krikorian Theater, Vista CA.
- Size: 30 feet x 40 feet
- Medium: Archival Ink on a spun back canvas.
- Architect: Perkowitz + Ruth
- The artwork was created using a process of integrating photography with painting and poetry.
- Judith Bodart Beylerian created the fashion and accessories for the models.
- Parrish Puente sculpted the harpoons and the peg leg.
- Models: Captain Ahab – David Desantos, Starbuck – Barry Kramer, Queequeg – Parrish Puente.
BEHIND THE SCENES:
Mural is installed using a scissor lift.
Barry plays the role of Starbuck, wearing the outfit Jude created for the mural.
David in character as Captain Ahab, being photographed for the mural.
I shot this project using a Mamiya RZ 6×7 in order to create the photographic elements of the mural. The photographed characters would be almost 10 feet tall in the final artwork. Ron and Jose are helping out at the shoot.
Jude is preparing the make up for the characters.
Parry is building the harpoons in the paint flinging studio space.